Monday, January 19, 2009

Don’t Set Aside His Grace

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! - Galatians 2:21

Today is my 7th wedding anniversary. I still don’t have it figured out.

There’s a lot I still get wrong, just ask my wife. I believe God designed marriage to help those of us who need a little more help understand Him better. One thing He’s taught me through our marriage is that harmony in our relationship depends a lot less on not messing up in our actions toward one another, and a lot more on forgiving each other when we do mess up. In other words, the bridge building goes on in the opposite direction you might think of it happening. It’s tempting for us to think that we have to work hard to get to God, when in reality, He’s been working on the bridge from His side for a long time.

Let’s set aside trying to earn our way to Him and not set aside his amazing grace.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home